A Favorite Scripture Verse of Elder Butler

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me: for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." ~ Ether 12:27 (A favorite verse of scripture from Elder Butler.)

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Charity Never Faileth






Hello Family!



I'm not sure how to sum up this last week, but what I can say is that I came out the other end stronger than I was before, and I feel like this week I've come to understand my Savior and His love for me and for all of us here on earth than possibly any other time previously in my life.


If I have learned anything, it is that charity will never ever fail you in your time of need, and humility and meekness will always provide you with the protection and the sustaining of the spirit. I read earlier this morning in 1 Corinthians 13 about how if I speak with the tongue of angels and have not charity I am as a sounding brass (paraphrasing this mind you) and even if I have faith to move mountains if I have not charity I am nothing. And I think that this last week I became a little more of something than I was before.


After I sent my email last week asking for prayers I was not feeling very good to say the least, but within a few minutes afterwards I felt so much comfort and peace that I knew that you were praying for me and I knew that it would be ok. I just want to thank you all for that and I know prayer is so powerful and instantaneous, and I felt like Heavenly Father poured out all of the love and faith in your prayers in that moment and gave me the strength that I needed to continue forward.



I also asked for a priesthood blessing from one of the elders from the other companionship in our house and again I felt so much love from my Heavenly Father and I knew that everything that I would be experiencing will be for my profit and that He was right there with me.



Now I want to keep moving forward and refocus on the work that the Lord has only given me two years to fully devote myself to.



About the convert baptism photo, that was the father of a recent convert family that we started teaching and he was able to be baptized this last Saturday. He's been to church every week for the past three months and his word of wisdom problem was what was holding him back, but when we started reading the Book of Mormon with him he was able to finally overcome it and got interviewed with President and passed. The family is complete now.



I love you all! I hope I can more fully update you about Hinobaan and my new companion next week!

Attached are some pictures from last week and this week of Hinobaan/Sipalay.



~Elder Butler    

No comments:

Post a Comment