A Favorite Scripture Verse of Elder Butler

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me: for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." ~ Ether 12:27 (A favorite verse of scripture from Elder Butler.)

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Character Cultivation...Patience

Two dogs, a pig, and a regular house in the mountains.

What I ate for lunch with rice at a recent converts house. They just got it out of the river running next to their house. You just pop the whole thing in you mouth with a hand full of rice and don't think too much. :)


 
This is what we climb up and down most of the day.

Man plowing (the same way they have for a 100 years)

We go down, then go up, then go down, then go up again. Poor Elder... he's still getting used to the climbing :)

Street outside our house..,

Main street. Or... the only street in the town...



[Looks like volleyball to me...no caption~K]

Views of Colonia

July 21, 2014
Hello Family!

Our time is short today as we had some errands with the couples missionaries to run involving finding housing for another set of missionaries, so we are a little later than usual emailing today and need to go soon.

This week felt a lot like what my title implies. We've been working a lot with some of the investigators near the proper (or center of town) and many of the lessons came out feeling like we ended in the same place as where we started, not making progress, and not losing ground, just no movement and no one wins.
Also July is looking like it is going to be the first month in long time where I haven't been able to help someone come unto Christ through the waters of baptism for the whole month. We plan on remedying this in August, but it doesn't make it feel much better for now.

But! We are still seeing success in the long run and we still have many blessings and small miracles in our work daily so I know that the spirit of the Lord is still working in us, and just asking for a little more patience, especially on my part.

Our power came back by Tuesday, and now we are working on getting a new full gas tank, but being up in the mountains makes things a little more complicated on that end so it could be a few more days before we get that back.

We are also planning on moving from our house shortly, as soon as we have the paperwork done, to a new house that is significantly better than our current house, actually having title floor instead of just cement, so we are pretty excited about that.

I think that our area has caught the edge of two typhoons, not causing any damage but just making the weather a lot colder than it usually is (you can tell I'm acclimatized now since I think it's cold now) and bringing lots of wind and rain. But it makes it great for us teaching since nobody wants to go out and about on the mountain paths during storm/typhoon weather except for the missionaries, so everyone is at home and has no place to be so we get lots of great teaching opportunities that we might not have otherwise. More blessings.

I love you all! You're always in my prayers.
 
Elder Butler




No comments:

Post a Comment