A Favorite Scripture Verse of Elder Butler

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me: for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." ~ Ether 12:27 (A favorite verse of scripture from Elder Butler.)

Monday, November 11, 2013

All is Well in Kabankalan City

Hello everyone!

So to relieve the tension (though I know that my mission president already announced this on faceboook) our mission is ok and we are all in one piece! No injuries and all happy! :)
 

Just some wind and rain and a little more wind and a little more rain. We never experienced the eye wall I think so there was very minimal damage that happened in my area, except maybe a very little in the poorer areas where their houses are open bamboo huts, but that wasn't too surprising.

President Lopez was very prepared for the storm and had all of us on house lock down starting Thursday, and we had lots of water stored up and about a weeks worth of food along with extra fortifications on our house that we made in preparation for some flooding. But! None of it was needed. Although the water was nice to have since we went without water and electricity for a few days. Candles are awesome. I hope I get a chance to help out in northern parts of our mission where I hear it was hit a lot worse. I don't know of any casualties of the Filipino people in our mission, although I only know what I've heard from the members, the mission bubble being what it is. But we get to go up to Bacolod this week for some additional training from President Lopez so I think we'll learn a little more about what exactly is going on and what the plans are for us to help out.

Keep praying though for all of the people in Tacloban! I haven't heard a lot, but what I have heard isn't very good. This nation keeps getting hit with all kinds of calamities it seems.


Wow, is that really all I have to say about the storm? Things here are pretty boring I guess. Just back to proselyting for Elder Rakuro and I from what I can see. The work continues on regardless.

We've finally found a way to work our area in an efficient way, and we still were able to make some progress this week despite having lost a few days in the storm. Still lots to do and never enough time to do it!

I hope you are all safe and well! And thank you to all for your prayers! You all are just such good "pray-ers" that you managed to fend off the world biggest typhoon it seems. :) Keep praying for all the others that were affected though.

I love you all!

~Elder Butler

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful way to let us know what Elder Butler is up to! Love it and happy he is safe. Therese Vance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Therese, So great to hear from you! I saw the mission pictures of Devin and he looks sooo happy! I thrilled for your family!

      Delete