A Favorite Scripture Verse of Elder Butler

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me: for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." ~ Ether 12:27 (A favorite verse of scripture from Elder Butler.)

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Rock of Revelation

Hello Family!

I hope that this week has been wonderful and full of gratitude! I loved so many of the messages I was able to hear in this general conference and I feel like I was definitely spiritually fed and came out more prepared to face the world and share the news of the restoration!

We are truly blessed in our day to have prophets that give us continual counsel and guidance from our Heavenly Father for our specific needs and concerns for our days. In a world full of so much confusion and an ever changing moral compass and shifting sandy foundation of worldly doctrine, how lucky we are to have the rock of revelation and unchanging and eternal truth that flows from heaven to keep us grounded in things that will never fail us or change. As President Monson told us in his talk in Priesthood session, "It is impossible to stand upright when one plants his roots in the shifting sands of popular opinion and approval."


I'm so grateful to have been able to put my roots a little deeper in the right place again.

In some other news about our area, it's been doing great and has been progressing. The other day we went to the area that we're trying to prepare to be an independent group, and one of our recent converts took us to a house of one of their relatives and we ended up teaching a huge group that gathered of probably 25+ that lived in that neighborhood, 10 of which we got names from and return appointments. The work is really hastening and I am so excited to keep pushing it forward here in Hinoba-an!

Elder Sanderson and I are getting along great and I can see that his confidence is growing.


I love you all so much! I can't express how much I am grateful for every one of you in my life and for the support you have given me, both seen and unseen.

Enjoy the wonderful spring in the Carolina's! I'll keep enjoying the heat here. :)

~Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment