A Favorite Scripture Verse of Elder Butler

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me: for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." ~ Ether 12:27 (A favorite verse of scripture from Elder Butler.)

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Hastening the Work

The baptismal photo of the four girls.

Hello family!

This week was extremely exhausting, but not so much from actual proselyting work as from very long amounts of time traveling. I think it's interesting how doing the actual missionary work, which is very demanding physically and spiritually, doesn't leave you feeling drained, but when you go a period of time where you are unable to proselyte it's like all of the spiritual juice just starts draining out. It really does build my testimony that we are not doing this work alone and we are receiving help from both sides of the veil.

On Thursday night we got the info for when my part time companion would need to be in Bacolod, and 5 AM Friday morning we were on the bus for a 7 hour bus trip to Bacolod, after which I got my new companion, Elder Sanderson from Utah (about 15 minutes north of Logan), and then hopped back on the bus at 3 PM for another 6 hours (3 of which we had to stand because there was no sitting room) and got back to Hinoba-an just in time to move the new sisters into their apartment at 9 PM. Also just in time to coordinate the Zone on the district conference that was happening on Saturday.

Then we spent Saturday interviewing candidates for baptism, orienting the sisters to their area, and then going to Sipalay, the next city over, for district conference.

My poor companion has been assigned in Hinobaan for 4 days now and he hasn't been able to work in his area once. :)

But! I am very happy about the sisters,
Sister Legaspi and Sister Mckee, that were assigned to split our branch with us, and will be continuing to teach our recent converts. The four girls were sad that we wouldn't be able to teach them anymore, but I think they are starting to adjust more to being members of the church and I see a bright future for them.

Also another great thing that happened this week was that President Lopez and his wife and our branch President were able to come to one of our further out areas to hopefully start up an independent group. Long story short, we are going to start a special sacrament there that will make our work explode in our area. I'm so excited to get back to my area and get back to work!

The Lord is hastening His work in every aspect, and something that our President asked us in his weekly letter was, "The Lord is hastening His work, are you?"


It's so exhilarating to be a part of this movement and I know the Lord needs every hand he can get, so it's good sometimes to ask yourself, "Am I hastening the work as well?"

I know that there is no more rewarding work than that of the Lord’s work, and I for one want to be on the side of the "stone that was cut out of the mountain without hands" pushing it further and faster and farther than ever before. (see Daniel 2:44-45) That's my call, and that's my joy. And anyone can be that person that makes the difference. One good missionary minded member can change a branch/ward. Imagine what several could do? Or even a whole ward? The potential is only as limited as is our faith.

That's all the time I have for today.

I love you all!  

~Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment