A Favorite Scripture Verse of Elder Butler

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me: for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." ~ Ether 12:27 (A favorite verse of scripture from Elder Butler.)

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Push and Pull

Baptism

The Elders teaching the young women on the porch.

Priesthood meeting where brother Lapid, Alay, and Esoy were sustained
 Hello Family!

First off I want to thank those that sent me beautiful birthday wishes, it really lifted my spirits and made me feel loved. :)

Secondly, in explanation for the title, again I can feel that the adversary gives just as much pull back as we are pushing forward, but then again that's nothing new to the mission field.



We've been experiencing quite a bit of wind, and scattered rain, due to some typhoons that are passing through to the north of us I think, which has again caused our area to loose power for the last two and a half days (I feel like power outages don't phase me anymore since they happen so often here) and made the paths muddy and slippery again, but the challenge makes the work more fun in the end. Elder Celebrado and I have a fun time slipping and sliding up some of our steep hills, trying our best to not get our shirts and pants too muddy. Elder Celebrado unfortunately doesn't have very good grip on his shoes so he's taken a fall or two, but it at least gives us some fun stories to tell our investigators and members.

I don't have any baptism stories this week, since our scheduled baptism, sister Chezee (9), Lovelyn's niece, got sick the day before and wasn't able to attend her service, but she'll be baptized next week so that's something to be grateful for.

But we did have another great week as far as our church attendance went! We had our special sacraments in the far away places this week instead of gathering in Colonia like we do on the first Sunday, and our total attendance jumped AGAIN from 112 last week to 129 this week (adding the special sacraments to the other sacrament meeting). The Lord is hastening His work and it's so exciting!

Also I gave some shirts and ties to Brother Alay and Brother Lapid, and ties to Frederick and Esoy (Orlando's nick name that he goes by) and it was such a great experience to have two fathers bless the sacrament and then Frederick and Esoy pass in their full church attire. Brother Alay told us later that as he blessed the sacrament that he really felt the spirit super strong and it doubly confirmed his testimony of the priesthood and the truthfulness of the church.

Also Brother and Sister Lapid, who have been struggling finding work for many months now, just found some work selling arozcaldo (a rice chicken soup dish) to students. They were so grateful and humble and returned all their thanks to the Lord for the blessing.

There are just so many things going on in our area that I find it hard to keep track of it all, with two more complete families preparing to be baptized this month, one in Siwahon and one in Colonia, and so many more people just turning up and being prepared to enter the church that it sometimes can feel almost overwhelming, but it's a whole lot better than the overwhelming feeling of having no investigators and few places to start so I'll take it any day.

We're also looking for another house in Siwahon since President Lopez wants to put another set of missionaries there.

I think that's all I have the time for today. I hope you are all doing wonderful today and are staying strong in the faith.

Pictures of last weeks baptism and others are attached. I have lots of scenic pictures that I want to send, but next week. Remind me please.

I love you all!

Halong kamo permi!

No comments:

Post a Comment